Rescue 15 (PUCAR - 15) is a telephonic aid provided by the Police to facilitate and cater emergencies. All calls are received and responded by 3 Assistants through their Telephones. Data recorded from callers include the caller’s name, time & date of the incident, place of incident, detail of concerned Police station, nature of crime and data is also forwarded to Chief Ministers Complaint Cell. Rescue - 15 (PUCAR -15) is providing following services to the citizen:
Processing of Complaints
- Information of any heinous or cognizable offence is immediately passed on to DPO by the head of rescue 15
- Team leader also passes the information to wireless control and also to the in-charge at GPS (General Positioning System). Wireless control directs police mobile towards crime scene/ point of incident
- GPS in-charge updates wireless control about the position of the nearest patrolling police vehicle for dispatching to the point of occurrence for prompt response
- After which the police mobile reaches at the crime scene within 3 to 4 minutes in urban areas and 5 to 10 minutes in rural areas
- After receiving information from wireless control that police mobile has reached to the place of incident team leader calls the aggrived or victim through official landline number to verify whether police mobile has reached at the said place or not
- To initiate legal proceedings against the offender, caller is advised to contact the concerned police station
Citizen Feedback System
|It has been observed with concern that sometimes emergency calls especially regarding cognizable offences are received on the Pucar 15 and for its confirmation it is sent to concerned Police but SHO’s / Police do not pay attention and no cognizance is taken well in time.
So, citizen feedback system is launched by Punjab Government. Now every important call is uploaded from Pucar 15 on the Chief Minister’s website, and a message is sent from the Chief Minister about the behavior, response and corruption of police.
It has been observed with concern that sometimes emergency calls especially regarding cognizable offences are received on the Rescue 15 and for Its confirmation is sent to concerned Police but SHO’s /Police do not pay attention and no cognizance is take well in time.
So, Citizen Feedback System is launched from Punjab Government. Now every important call is uploaded from Rescue 15 on the Chief Minister’s website, and a message is sent from the Chief Minister about the behavior, response and corruption of Police.
Wide Area Networking System (WANS)
Under this system, we can transfer live videos from the place of occurrence to the Rescue 15. The system is secured by five security codes. Nobody can break the security code so the system cannot be hacked. If anybody is however; able to break any one of the security codes the broken security code restarts before he is able to break the next security code. It has been possible because we prepared our own IP system in the Digital Video Recorder so it is more valuable than the general WIFI system because as against the general WIFI system it cannot be hacked or deranged. Under this system, we have installed eight video cameras and eight panic buttons in different eight gold shops in the gold market and the whole system is being monitored from Rescue 15.
We constantly keep an eye on what is going on in the areas of the gold market. In case of any crime we have two instant options to respond i.e. we are seeing through CCTVs what is going on in or around the shops and secondly, the shopkeepers can inform us by pushing of panic buttons which are installed secretively under their feet or their thumbs. As soon as a button is pressed we listen to an alarm in Rescue 15 with a full display of the shop under attack, the name and mobile number of the shop-keeper, so for an apt response we instantly move the nearest mobile on patrol meaning thereby there is every possibility to reach on the crime scene and fight crime live. Through, this system we may have CCTV recording for a whole month, the best part of the system is that we have zooming options both on the DVR in the Gold market and the display at the Rescue 15. We have plans to net the Daewoo Terminal, The Faisal Movers, The Bahawalpur Victoria Hospital, all the banks and the other important installations in the city and we have plans to decentralize this system to the Tehsil level by controlling it centrally by the Rescue 15 Bahawalpur.